Food Ingredients Europe 2019 is taking place at Paris’ Parc des Expositions de Villepinte from 3 to 5 December. Every other year, this exhibition brings together the world’s leading food and beverage suppliers, as well as specialists working in R&D, production and marketing. The aim is to present a range of innovative ingredients and services in all their diversity. More than 27,000 people are set to visit the 1,700+ exhibitors in attendance, including our team, so make sure you come and see us at stand 6B110!
FIE’s 3 Key Principles
So many trade exhibitions take place throughout the year that it is not always easy to tell one from the other. This was the reasoning behind FIE’s decision to stand out from the crowd by structuring itself around 3 key principles. Attendees will be able to:
- Discover the latest innovations through product displays, guided tours and specialist pavilions;
- Learn about the sector’s latest news at conferences, workshops and masterclasses;
- Connect with people at themed networking sessions.
Plenty of digital resources have been put in place to facilitate dialogue between businesses and help visitors move around the show more intuitively:
- The Match & Meet service puts businesses in touch with each other. It gives you access to information about other companies you might be interested in so that you can set up mutually beneficial meetings.
- Our interactive Supplier Finder screens are available in multiple locations around the exhibition and they enable you to search by company or product name and stand number. This way, you can find out exactly where your current customers or future partners are located.
- Last but not least, an app has been created to show you when each activity is taking place and help you uncover events you might be interested in. It is updated in real time, so you will always be up to speed with last-minute changes and organising your timetable is easy. Don’t miss out on this chance to develop your knowledge and network.
Conferences at FIE
This year, FIE is holding two conferences, the first of which focuses on the future of nutrition. This will be the Future of Nutrition Summit’s fourth edition and it will take place at the Roissy Charles de Gaulle Novotel the day before the show is due to start (2 December). It will give attendees a foretaste of upcoming innovations and technology set to revolutionise the agrifood industry over the next five years. Forward-looking thinkers, start-ups and food industry pioneers will also share their perspective on how the agrifood and nutrition sector might develop in the near future.
FIE’s main conference will take place from 3 to 4 December in Hall 7. This two-day event focuses on resolving current issues and identifying which opportunities are available to sector professionals right now. Through a variety of activities such as round tables and lectures, the conference will provide detailed information about current industry trends and challenges, as well as examples of how the latest research can be applied to our sector.
The conference is split into two main segments:
- The first will cover current trends in and challenges for clean labels, plant-based ingredients and healthy or functional foods.
- The second will offer an in-depth analysis of key problems set to affect growth now and in the future in the dairy, beverages, baked goods and confectionery and snacks categories.
Activities at FIE
Several activities have been organised alongside FIE’s two conferences. They too focus on the three key principles mentioned above, namely discovering, learning and connecting with people, so there will be more than enough to keep you occupied!
To help visitors discover new products, the show is divided into several ingredient- and country-specific pavilions, and there is also an Innovation Zone for you to explore. Because we want your visit to be as effective as possible, we are organising a guided innovation tour, so come along and make the very most of your time with us!
So that you can learn more about the sector, several showcases and debates are taking place throughout the exhibition in addition to our conferences and masterclasses.
Socials and breakfasts are also scheduled to help you connect with other businesses. We even have massage chairs for you to relax in, or you could take a productive timeout at our USA Business and Startup showcases.